In Quebec, business mentoring for entrepreneurs is in full swing. The link below will take you to the highlights of the Dobson-Lagassé Entrepreneurship Centre mentoring program.
The Dobson-Lagassé Centre is one of the pioneers in Quebec when it comes to business mentoring. In 2003 the Dobson-Lagassé Centre’s mentorship program was accredited by the Foundation de l’entrepreneurship and has been a key player with entrepreneurs in the Eastern Townships. There are more than thirty volunteer mentors and an equal number of active pairings at all times. Our mentoring program serves the territory of six MRCs that surrounds Sherbrooke: Coaticook, Des Sources, Granite, Haut-Saint-François, Val-Saint-François and Memphrémagog.
We adhere to the following practices:
• The mentor is a volunteer;
• The most important role of a mentor is that of the well-being of the mentee;
– The objectives and approach must be clear and understandable;
• We favor regular meetings followed by systematic monitoring of actions to be performed;
• We respect the code of ethical principles.